A photographic illustrated guide to the trees most commonly used in South Africa for gardening, timber and medicinal purposes, and utilisation by animals.
- More than 740 carefully selected photographs for easy identification (average of five per tree).
- Diagnostic features, economic uses, utilisation by animals and propagation of the 137 most commonly used trees in South Africa.
- An introductory chapter on the propagation and cultivation of trees in South Africa.
- 137 maps showing the distribution in South Africa.
- A handy table showing which animals utilise which trees.
- English, Afrikaans, Zulu and Sotho common names.
Also available on Briza Botanical Library CD-ROM
304 p., 740 color ill.
137 distribution maps, hard cover
Wissenschaftliche Verlagsgesellschaft Stuttgart