Compiled with the advice of clinical experts within the British Medical Association and the Royal Pharmaceutical Society, the British National Formulary (BNF)
provides up-to-date guidance on prescribing, dispensing and administering medicines.The BNF details medicines prescribed, with special reference to their uses, cautions, contra-indications, side-effects, dosage and relative costs.
Updated every month, the BNF reflects current best practice as well as legal and professional guidelines relating to the use of medicines. It is intended for use by prescribers, pharmacists and other healthcare professionals.
- Designed for rapid reference to information on the selection of effective medicines for individual patients.
- Authoritative, impartial and, where available, evidence-based advice on prescribing, dispensing and administering medicines.
- Provides information about the clinical properties of medicines
- Updated on a monthly basis to reflect promptly changes in product availability as well as emerging safety concerns and shifts in clinical practice
- In order to reflect the current best practice, BNF evaluates clinical evidence from diverse sources, which is validated by a network of clinical experts and published under the authority of a Joint Formulary Commitee.
BNF is useful for doctores and other prescribers, pharmacists, dentists, nurses, other healthcare professionals as well as students training to join the health professions.
Facts about MedicinesComplete Online:
MedicinesComplete Online, the definitive online resource for drug and healthcare information, provides online access to some of the world's leading drug and healthcare references including AHFS DI, British National Formulary, BNF for Children, Clarke's Analysis of Drugs and Poisons, Dietary Supplements, Drug Administration via Enteral Feeding Tubes, Handbook on Injectable Drugs, Herbal Medicines, Injectable Drugs Guide, Kucers' the Use of Antibiotics, Martindale, Pediatric Injectable Drugs, Pharmaceutical Excipients, Stockley's Drug Interactions, Stockley's Herbal Medicines Interactions, The Orange Guide: Rules and Guidance for Pharmaceutical Manufacturers and Distributors, The Green Guide: Rules and Guidance for Pharmaceutical Distributors, Remington - The Science and Practice of Pharmacy and NEW: Dale and Appelbe's Pharmacy and Medicines Law, Disease Management, FASTtrack: Managing Symptoms in the Pharmacy, FASTtrack: Physical Pharmacy, Medicines Use Reviews, and Drugs in Pregnancy and Lactation.
The integrated search function enables you to search across thousands of drug, poison, excipient, interaction and herbal monographs within seconds and brings together a wealth of clinically relevant, unbiased information at your fingertips. This leaves more time for your patients.
MedicinesComplete Online offers access to evaluated drug information and up to date clinical information meeting the needs of pharmacists, pharmacologists, clinicians, analytical chemists, physicians, nurses, researchers, librarians, pharmaceutical companies and information professionals.
- Combines over 650,000 pieces of drug information, which can be searched easily
- Includes a drug interaction checker, with over 30,000 monographs and interactions
- The latest advice on prescribing, dispending and administering drugs and medicines
- Up-to-date guidance on disease treatments, disease management and therapeutics
- The latest advice on analyzing, formulating and preparing drugs, medicines, and many other pharmaceutical products
- Regularly reviewed and revised by hundreds of leading experts, scientists and researchers
- Trusted by professionals in community pharmacy, hospitals, community care, the pharmaceutical industry, education and research
- Over 100,000 references to original research, scientific papers, reports and case studies
- Accessible via Desktop, Laptop, Tablet and Smartphone
- You can simply pick and mix the resources you require to personalize your subscription
If you want a fast, expert, easy and cost-effective solution to your drug and healthcare information needs, choose MedicinesComplete Online.
Noted price is for one named seat user for personal use. Please note that personal accounts are not for use in a commercial, academic, government or healthcare setting. Please ask for an offer.
Trial: To register for a free 30-day trial to access all MedicinesComplete Online databases, please send an e-mail to receive your password and further instructions:
Deutscher Apotheker Verlag
Frau Petra Döring
Databases and Software
Tel.: +49 (0)711 2582-376
Fax: +49 (0)711 2582-390
British National Formulary
Von Krankenhausärzten erarbeitet, bietet das BNF auf Basis neuster Erkenntnisse Unterstützung hinsichtlich Verordnung und Verabreichung von Arzneimitteln
- Zur schnellen Informationsfindung
- Therapieempfehlungen auf der Grundlage einer Evidence Based Medicine
- Updates garantieren einen aktuellen Wissensstand hinsichtlich neuester Entwicklungen in der Therapie von Erkrankungen.
Der oben angegebene Preis ist für einen namentlich festgelegten Privatanwender gültig. Dieser Zugang darf nicht in Firmen, Universitäten, Krankenhäusern o.ä. genutzt werden.
Preise erhalten Sie gerne auf Anfrage.
Deutscher Apotheker Verlag