Tannock, Ian F. / Hill, Richard P. / Bristow, Robert G. / Harrington, Lea
The Basic Science of Oncology
AbstractReview the fast-moving and critically important scientific advances in cancer causation, cancer biology, and the biology underlying cancer treatment with the best text in the field - the fourth edition of The Basic Science of Oncology.
Inside, leading oncology researchers, scholars, and clinicians explain cutting-edge advances in the understanding of cancer and their significance to cancer in the clinical setting. Important highlights of this edition include:
- the genetic basis of cancer, including chromosome analysis techniques
- new insights into the genetics of tumor progress and metastasis
- molecular pathways and DNA damage
- contribution of viruses to susceptibility
- tumor suppressor genes and oncogenes
- causes of drug resistance in chemotherapy
- hormone therapy
- pharmacology of anti-cancer drugs
- monoclonal antibody therapy
- new chapter on clinical radiotherapy
- and much more!
4th Edition 2005.
555 p., 12 color ill.
with numerous figs., flexible
Wissenschaftliche Verlagsgesellschaft Stuttgart