New, legally enforced standards, effective from 1 January 2019.
All Europoean Pharmacopoeial texts included.
Updated annually, the British Pharmacopoeia (BP) is the only comprehensive collection of authoritative official standards for UK pharmaceutical substances and medicinal products. It includes approximately 4,000 monographs which are legally enforced by the Human Medicines Regulations 2012. Where a BP monograph exists, medicinal products or active pharmaceutical ingredients sold or supplied in the UK must comply with the relevant monograph.
All monographs and requirements of the European Pharmacopoeia (Ph. Eur.) are reproduced in the BP, making the BP a convenient and fully comprehensive set of standards that can be used across Europe and beyond.
New for the BP 2019
The BP 2019 supersedes the BP 2018 and becomes legally effective on 1 January 2019. This edition incorporates new monographs from both the BP and Ph. Eur. along with a significant number of revised monographs.
- 27 new BP monographs, 39 new Ph. Eur. monographs
- 117 amended BP monographs
- Four new monographs for unlicensed formulations and two new monographs for herbal preparations
- Two new monographs for biological medicines
- One new and six amended BP Veterinary monographs
- All monographs from the Ph. Eur. 9th Edition and Supplements 9.1 to 9.5 included
- Three in-year online and offline download product updates to integrate the Ph. Eur. Supplements 9.6, 9.7 and 9.8
The BP 2019 package
The complete package is a great value-for-money option including:
- A six-volume printed edition, including the BP (Veterinary) 2019
- A single-user online licence*
- A single-user download for offline use*
*These single-user licences are granted solely to the designated holder of the product within an organisation. Multi-user licences are available.
Deutscher Apotheker Verlag